Is Vaping the Answer To Quit Smoking?



Many questions are lingering in many smokers mind especially with the entry of e-cigarette. Many smokers who are trying to stop smoking are turning to vaping to seek to kick off the smoking habit. Controversy is brewing all over regarding the effectiveness of the e-cigarette. Let us look at the pros and cons of vaping.

Pros

1. Exposure to Tobacco is minimized.

For non-smokers, the tobacco exposure poses a health risk more than to even smokers. With the use of vaping, that risk is reduced drastically by the vaporizers present in the e-cigarette.

2. Tobacco Smell is Almost Not in Existence.

Tobacco smell is a thorn in the flesh, and it is constant with the smoker and the smoking environment. The smell makes many smokers make a lot of effort in minimizing it by use of perfumes and mints. The e-cigarette has a vaporizer that makes the e-cigarette odorless and colorless.

3. Variety of flavors.

The e-cigarette has a vast array of flavors to choose from to satisfy the different preferences. The vapor from the e-cigarette is odorless.

Cons

1. Government Interference is Non-Existent.

The government has not introduced any bills regulating the use of the e-cigarette. This in itself is very dangerous to the consumer because there are no enough studies carried out to ascertain the safety levels of vaping.

2. E-cigarette Battery Explosions.

There are cases of the batteries used in the e-cigarette exploding and, therefore, burning the mouth and other organs in the face. This in itself is very dangerous.

"The Big Picture"

Lack of regulations on the vaporizing liquid has led to its misuse in the market. The marketers give customers an opportunity to use the vaping liquid which may or may not have nicotine. It is very hard to ascertain if the e-liquid has nicotine or not.

There are very many imitations on the market, with some being charged very low prices. Others are using the e-cigarette as a way to smuggle drugs and fill it with marijuana.

Actually, there is no evidence showing that vaping can make one stop smoking. Several people who have used vaping to quit smoking have ended up going back to smoking.

If you want to quit smoking, you will need a high willpower, insistence, and unyielding determination. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has products that can be bought over the counter and prescription medicines. The approved products are a better bet to smoking than vaping.

Comments

  1. Speak for yourself vaping has helped me quit easily and I'd rather not fund big pharma buying products that dont work I make my own juice for a fraction of the cost and use quality ingredients including Canadian bought nicotine but the bigger story here is I have actually quit 4 months and that smell you speak now makes me nauseaswhen I smell it. I do agree we need regulations and way better education on battery safety but cell phones blow up too try and dead short any battery and it will explode no different than your cordless drill at home I like the post however I disagree that vaping shouldn't be looked at. Most if not all cessation programs have little to no affect and they end up smoking again and costing them more. Further more still being addicted to nicotine is yes bad in general but can easily be weened off of I went from 12mg down to 3 and now I switch between 0 and 3 nic using vaping its better to quit cold turkey but if you can't handle that like me vaping may just be right for you the best advice I can give from ,y experience is do a lot of research on products and juices where they are manufactured things of this nature. Premium labs in British Columbia has a clean room and lab techs ,making their juice look on YouTube to get a preview of how far this viable industry has come and will come. No disrespect to the author I value your opinion I just wouldn't want someone not to try something because of 2 cons look at the cons to one cigarette let alone a pack for days more this and years surely this outweighs the one or two in vaping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Andrew,
      Thank you for your reply , I have posted this topic based on the personal experiences of me and some friends around the world.

      Delete
  2. Actually, just about any vaper can tell you that those cons are bogus for the most part. While purchasing vape juices from places like convenience stores is not a good idea, most vapers worth their salt know that the best places to purchase your flavors are from vape shops that make their own juices and are up front about their products and what all goes into it.

    As for nicotine content, every vape juice I've ever come across -- even the convenience store brands -- have the nicotine content level listed. And, of course, you can purchase vape juices that have no nicotine in them whatsoever.

    In regards to the quitting smoking aspect? Vaping has nothing to do with whether or no someone quits and successfully stays quit. About the only time it does is when a smoker gets to a point where they just want a REAL cigarette -- such as if you're a stress smoker like me and something ends up exploding in your life where, dammit, you want a REAL cig because the vape just doesn't cut it at the moment.

    But as someone who has quit, successfully stayed quit for over a year before going back to smoking for stress-related reasons as mentioned above, I can tell you that my vape was the key to my prior success. Vaping didn't lure me back into smoking. And while it's taken me almost 3 years, I am once again on the journey to being smoke-free again.

    Today is my 5th day so far of being smoke-free and I owe it to my vape pen for helping me to manage my cravings and helping me with the oral fixation. I have yet to have a craving that I couldn't get through because of my vape pen.

    The flavors I use are delicious, I don't miss the taste of cigs, and the nicotine levels I currently use have kept me from having any nic-fits. Eventually I'm going to start decreasing the nicotine levels I use, but for right now I use between 12 & 18 nicotine strength (18 being the level that coincides with full-flavor cigs, 12 being the equivalent of a light cig).

    If there's anything you'd like to know about vapes and vaping and the vaping industry cutting into the tobacco industry's profits, I'd be more than happy to provide links and continue the convo :-)

    And yes, just like with other quitting methods, I know that vaping isn't for everyone. But I am one of many for whom vaping has been an integral part of my success in quitting. The only difficulty in getting to where I was ready to quit again and just use my vape was actually putting myself in the mindset of being ready to quit. Once reaching that mindset and readiness, my vape has been a godsend. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Liriel Leändreyn,
      Thank you for your reply and your zeal for vaping , but I sure that intelligent Reader can distinguish between right and wrong and chooses the most appropriate for himself.

      Delete
  3. Best approach, I think e-cigarettes are very beneficial with compare to original cigarette. E-cigarettes are money saving and not bad for the health of smoker. I think original cigarettes are affected on your health. I think this is important information for everyone. My suggestion is that every smoker should use e-cigarette. Thanks for sharing this information. buy electronic cigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrew,

    It is better to rise will power in our mind to quit smoking permanently what you mention in article, thank for your nice article.

    I think this info will be helpful: http://quitsmoking03.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a huge fan of vaping. Mainly because I am a huge critic of smoking! I hate smell8ng other people's cigarettes or walking through a cloud of smoke. This sounds like a great brand. Hopefully vaping will get even more popular as time goes on. e cigarette Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Imagine the Smoking Effects on Lungs

The Facts Behind What Happens When You Quit Smoking

Bad Effects Of Smoking- A Dangerous Bad Habit